Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Real Life

Back to work tomorrow. No more pretending I don't have to get up at 4:30 in the morning and don't have to go downtown. It's hard to do after almost two whole weeks off. The work will be piled up to the ceiling. It will be nice to see my co-workers, though.

Yesterday was volunteer day. That alone should make me grateful to have my job and be able to get up at 4:30 because I have to go downtown. We labeled and wrapped over 67,000 pounds of food yesterday which translates to over 55,000 meals for people in Western Washington. And still that isn't enough to feed everyone who needs to be fed. They always need more. I encourage everyone to, if not volunteer, then donate to the local food bank. A few extra cans of food or an extra package of beans or two costs very little when it's added to weekly groceries. Remember the letter carrier pickup of donations in May and dontate as generously as possible. It isn't wasted, believe me.

Here is my dream: Get up at 7:00am at the latest everyday and go for a nice, brisk walk. Come home and eat breakfast while I read the paper. Go into my studio and make jewelry for hours while someone else comes to clean my house. After lunch, run errands, but only the fun ones like going to the bead store to get new supplies or going to an antique store to find wonderful things to turn into jewelry. Okay, we can't all have our dreams. For now, it's just to sleep well tonight so I don't wake up too tired in the morning to go back to my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment