Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I am Doing

Things are going well. I'm working on a lovely new necklace and earring set commissioned by a very special customer. I think she'll love it as much as I do. She's a special customer partly because all of my customers are special but she's a return customer. Plus she's very nice and I love to work with her. She always thinks she's being a pain by asking for things, but that's just silly. I love to make special orders that my customers will love.

Today I had my picture taken for the Food LifeLine newsletter as one of the volunteers connected with the law office where my daughter works. We gathered in an empty office in front of a window that looks out on the Space Needle and had our picture taken. If I can get a copy, I'll run it here. The people I volunteer with are lovely people and I'm so glad they included me in the picture.

Tonight, I'm putting together a package of some beads and findings and stringing material for an Etsy shop owner in Chicago. She is going to be organizing a group of inner city teen moms who will be starting a small scale beading business. It will help to teach social, computer, business, creative and financial skills to these young women. Isn't that just the best idea?! I went through my stash of beads and came up with a surprising amount of stuff to send. They will need an ongoing supply of things and, judging from the response she got on the Etsy forum, they will have it. I'm very excited for her and the kids and wish them a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment