Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

The last day of the year. I like the idea that the year is over and a brand new one is going to begin. You can put behind you the things you want to forget and store up the good things to bring out and remember when you need them. I'm pleased with the things I did this year, such as opening my two stores. I'm pleased with how they're going and I have high hopes for them in the year to come. I've made some new friends and I've learned a lot about myself. I've learned things I never thought I would learn.

I don't make resolutions, but I do like to make goals. They sound like the same thing, but they're not, really. A resolution is something you promise to do. A goal is something to reach for. I would rather reach than promise. My kids could tell you that I never make promises.

One of my goals is to keep reaching out to the good people on Etsy and ArtFire and come to know them better. I've gotten to know a few and they're wonderful people from all over the US. I want to know more.

Another goal is to continue to volunteer at Food Lifeline. I feel that I have everything in my life that I could ever want. I want to try to make life easier for people who don't have it all.

There are sales goals and work goals too, of course, but they aren't the important ones. Those are things I don't have much control over. What I can control are the number of times I get together with my children, and now that they're grown, that's sometimes hard to do. That's another thing I plan to reach for.

Last, I plan to enjoy every minute I have with my darling husband, Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment