Sunday, May 17, 2009

Midyear Resolution

So, it's May and I haven't written here since January. I vow to write once a week. See if I don't.
We went to the University street fair today, which, for us is the true beginning of summer. And it felt like summer too. It's sunny and hot and you could believe it was July instead of May. Saw some great stuff but the best thing was that I found some gorgeous pendants to make into some even more gorgeous jewelry. They're made from recycled art glass and are absolutely beautiful. My head is spinning with ideas for jewelry.
Genevieve Church is the woman who makes them. I love that they're recycled. You can take a look at Genevieve's web site at www.recycledloot.com. I'll soon have some fantastic new stuff on my Etsy and ArtFire sites using her pendants.
I'm debating about doing a street fair or two myself. It's so expensive. I guess I won't know if it's worth it until I try. My little shops are doing well. Pretty well, in the bad economy, I think. At any rate, I love my shops and I love making jewelry and I won't be stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment